Say it like ‘Phuket’ Islands but with ‘B’ instead. Buket means a bunch of flowers in many languages, ‘Bouquet’ in English, a very international name, right?) My name is Buket Öztekin and I am the person behind LingoBalance. I am so happy to meet you here!
I am a speech and language therapist, Ph.D. in linguistics, and a professional circus artist. Yes, you heard me right. I have juggled so many things at the same time successfully and this skill gave me so much value in life.
One common theme in my life was working with children. Some kids learned how to communicate and some others learned how to play and dance from me.
I have been investigating bilingual children’s language development over the last six years.
Some children were bilinguals but …
Do you know what language children speak? PLAY and FUN language (yes, sometimes screaming and whining too). With all the giggles, tickles, and peekaboos, children learn the skills they need to build a language foundation. If you know how to make use of all these simple routines, your child will learn a lot from you!
Children learn through PLAY
After all the thinking and experience, I got curious. What if all these parents knew what to do already from the beginning? What if they learned all the necessary information to help their children and used this knowledge from early on?
And this is how LingoBalance was born.
No expensive toys, no boring stuff, no getting frustrated!
I am not here to show you WHAT more to do, I am here to show you HOW to do less.
Let’s talk about your child or ask me a question!
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Click here to read my resume
My full name is Buket Oztekin.
- I was born in 1986, in a beautiful town called Eskişehir, in Turkey.
- I studied psychology at Boğaziçi (Bosphorus) University, one of the most prestigious universities in Turkey and it’s the most beautiful place ever.
- After university, I worked with children with special needs, I learned a lot.
- I decided to apply for a master’s degree in speech and language therapy.
- I had a great three years learning all aspects of speech and language therapy and working with children and adults.
- I found an amazing Ph.D. opportunity at Uppsala University in Sweden and did not think for a second to apply. I got the position and moved to Sweden in 2014.
- I worked with bilingual children and their language development during my Ph.D. project. In the end, I wrote a huge book called a thesis and graduated as Dr. Buket Oztekin.
- Since then, I have been continuing my research at Uppsala University with bilingual children while constantly educating myself in supporting these children and coaching their families.
- I am also coaching Turkish-speaking parents through my Turkish website BICIR BICIR.